Health Care DataWorks
Health Care DataWorks was founded in 2009 as a spinoff of The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. The company’s focus is on helping health systems transform their operational performance by leveraging data analytics and business intelligence software tools. With health systems across the country increasingly under pressure to control their operational costs and improve quality of care, Health Care DataWorks is uniquely positioned for explosive growth and success.
As a startup, Health Care DataWorks needed to generate awareness, credibility, expertise and leads. In addition, while its roots were based at The Ohio State University, the company wanted to be considered a player on their own. Team Fleisher Communications was hired to handle the company’s public relations work before much of the staff was even put into place. The company’s founders recognized the importance of presenting their story in the correct manner and to their target audience.
Team Fleisher Communications was faced with the following challenges:
- Health Care DataWorks was unknown within the industry.
- At its inception, Health Care DataWorks lacked marketing collateral.
- Upon launch, Health Care DataWorks had no end users to talk about the value of the company’s solutions.
Team Fleisher Communications PR Strategy
The initial strategy in the startup phase focused on building credibility for the company and establishing its principals as thought leaders on business intelligence, analytics and data warehousing. Additionally, the company was positioned as moving beyond its roots with The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center to an organization that could bring real and valuable results to a wide range of hospital and health systems nationwide.
Elements of the campaign included:
- Building a proactive, ongoing and aggressive media relations program, initially focusing on local business outlets and then expanding into industry trade outlets to build awareness.
- Creating an outreach effort to forge relationships with online healthcare influencers, leveraging their communications vehicles to tell the Health Care DataWorks story.
- Establishing company principals as experts through bylined articles, white papers, webinars and media sourcing.
- Developing relevant and impactful messaging, including aligning Health Care DataWorks solutions with the nation’s focus on reforming health care and moving to pay-to-performance models.
- Developing content for the website to enhance Search Engine Optimization and help generate leads.
- Conducting media training for company leaders to educate them about how to work with the media and be best prepared to ensure their messages resonate.
Today, Health Care DataWorks is a growing company with major healthcare system and hospital clients, ranging from Cedars-Sinai Health System and MemorialCare Health System to Tampa General Hospital and OhioHealth. Team Fleisher Communications continues to work with the company to build awareness around its growth, solutions and objectives.
- Numerous placements in outlets such as: Columbus Business First, The Columbus Dispatch, HISTalk, MedHealthWorld, HIT Exchange, Hospitalemrandehr, The Huffington Post, EMR Daily News, Healthcare IT News, Becker’s Hospital Review, Health Leaders Media, HealthTech Zone, SearchHealthIT and hiVelocity.
- A consistent schedule of e-News releases to build SEO to the company website.
- Creation of 2 Industry specific White Papers monthly that enhance thought leadership positioning. In addition the papers generate leads, have led to earned media placements, and they are used as marketing collateral by the sales force.
- Trade activity to elevate media interest each year at HIMSS, the leading industry tradeshow. As relationships with HIT influencers are enhanced, media pre- and post-HIMSS has grown consistently each year.
- The creation of a robust LinkedIn company page and Health Care DataWorks twitter feed which in the two weeks leading up to HIMSS13 saw a 39-percent increase in followers and 37 new mentions during the conference.
Jason Buskirk, COO, Health Care DataWorks
“Team Fleisher Communications is our strategic partner, providing valuable services and working as an extension of our internal team. They’re proactive, and they always are there when we need them. From media outreach to expert positioning and messaging, they deliver for us time and time again.”